VETERANS BENEFIT AID AND ATTENDANCE PROGRAM
Watch an Example of my Seminar Below
Are you a War-Time Veteran or Widow of War Time Veteran?
There are Financial Benefits available for War Time Veteran and Widow of War Time Veteran to help defray the cost for Assisted Living Facilities, Board and Care Homes, and In-Home Care. There is anon-service connection pension cal Aid and Attendance Pension Plan. This was established in 1954 under Section 38 USC to assist qualified veterans and their surviving spouses.
In accordance with 38 USC
and 38 CFR, paragraph 14.629, no individual may assist claimants in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for VA Benefits as an agent or attorney unless he or she has been accredited by VA. Check the following website to ensure the person taking your private and financial information is accredited. Click Here.
Advanced Wellness Geriatric Care Management (AWGCM) and a VA Accredited Claim Agent (#27203) is providing a service to the community for assistance to veterans and surviving widows of War Veterans. We provide a comprehensive seminar to educate families on this benefit. It’s a FREE Seminar. Click Here and register for the next one. This seminar will provide information on all public benefits. We will help with all the paperwork and current claim forms available from the Veterans (VA) Benefit Pension Program. We are available to assist you in filing a claim with the VA after you attend Family Training. THIS SERVICE IS FREE.
Stop individuals that claim they are volunteers. There isn’t a category on the above website for volunteers. Many website profess they can assist with the claim for the benefit. So, the question is, if you have questions or issues will this individual that’s a volunteer be able to assist you?
You can report violators to US Department of Veteran Affair, VA Inspector General Hotline at (800) 488-8244. You can also FAX to (202) 495-5861. Mailing address is 810 Vermont Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20420.
Current Maximum VA Monthly Benefit Amounts
Two Veterans/ Spouses: $3253 monthly, $39,036 annually
Married Veteran and Spouse: $2431 monthly, $29,172 Annually
Single Veterans: $2050 monthly, $24,600 Annually
Widow of Veteran: $1318 monthly, $15,816 Annually
What are the qualification?
Eligible Veterans ….You must need assistance with activity of daily (ADLs)(bathing, eating, dressing, hygiene, transferring, and ambulation around the home (wheel chairs, walkers, canes, and scooter). Medication Management is no longer on the list for ADLs.
War Time Service
- World War II – Dec 7, 1941 – Dec 31, 1946
- Korea War – Jun 27, 1950 – Jan 31, 1955
- Vietnam – Aug 5, 1964 – May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf – Aug 2, 1990 – To Be Determined
- Copy of Discharge Certificate or DD Form 214 – If you don’t have this document we can help obtaining it. Don’t pay someone to get this form.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Death Certificate (if applicable)
- Physician Report
INCOME and NET WORTH
- The net worth limit will be equal to the annual Community Spouse Resource Allowance (CSRA) which is $130,773 for 2020. This allowance will increase each year per the Social Security percentage increase for that specific year.
- How is Total Net Worth Calculated?
- All countable assets + (annual gross income – allowable net UME)
- IF the total of all countable assets = $100,000, and
- The total household gross income = $50,000, and
- The projected UME (after the 5% deduction = $20,000 annual expense)
- Net worth = $130,000 and the claimant is not eligible.
- If the total of all countable assets = $100,000, and
- The total household gross income = $50,000 and
- The projected UME (after the 5% deduction) = $28,000
- Net Worth =$122,000 and the claimant is eligible.
Claim could take between 3-8 months depending on the category the claimant.Single Veteran will take less time than the Widow of a War Time Veteran. So you will need to be able to sustain the care cost for the claimant till the benefit arrives. The benefit is retroactive to the first of the month following the submission of the application. Example: Application submitted on May 17th the start date is June 1. If I take several months to go through the process then you multiply the benefit by the number of months and this should be the first check. Family will receive letters from VA as to where they are in the process. If you have VA Accredited Claims Agent, you should forward all information you received.They will advise the next step. Don’t try to do this alone. If you decide to not heed this advice, remember you will need to correct all issues.
AREAS WE SERVICE
Located in Roseville, Ca, just outside of Sacramento, we assist veterans and their spouses in the following communities: Sacramento County, Placer County, Yolo County, El Dorado County, Sutter County, Nevada County and Yuba County.
However, if you live anywhere inNorthern California, call us to discuss possibilities.